From its humble beginning out of street meetings in Jeannette to its present location on Route 130 Jeannette Assembly of God enjoys a rich spiritual heritage. The church began as a mission on Clay Avenue in 1914 when Benjamin Mahan started conducting street meetings. As the congregation grew and larger facilities were needed, the United Presbyterian Church was purchased in 1919. In that same year, the church was incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania as the Pentecostal Church of Jeannette and became affiliated with the General Council of the Assemblies of God. After several remodeling and enlarging campaigns, three acres of ground were purchased on Route 130 between Jeannette and Greensburg in the early sixties and the present facilities were completed and dedicated October 1, 1967.
The Church has been blessed with anointed ministries of men of God who shared their vision to see the world evangelized with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.